Hey you! Your first time here? Introduce yourself :)

Thank you for the warm welcome. Just joined and looking forward to contributing. Geo data now plays a critical role ( as we have all discovered ) in delivering so many online services and what better place to understand and support this than here.

Best

Wow. I really have NO clue about any of this. But if i try to understand and read enough perhaps i will learn.
Hi, Iā€™m Shannon

1 Like

Hi.

Iā€™m a researcher & just getting to grips with how my tech works, vulnerabilities & how to secure my devices/data.

Really enjoying learning from appā€™s like this. Interpreting the data & understanding how my device works. Plotting the CIDā€™s & finding the nearest cell sites for my device. Understanding the frequencies, & different types (3g, 4g, etc.) & what effects the different connections have on my device, power use, data use, etc.

Great app. Really reliable & I can now work the data in conjunction with other apps for plotting available connections, etc. Love the community sharing of data for the benefit of all & being a part of adding/contributing to something good whilst getting the benefits of using the app & database.

Nice work guys. Thanks.

Yes hello my name is Charrua and my Samsung S7 got stolen. I have the cell tower info and the IMIE number of stolen phone. Can you please help me locate it?
Thank you so much for your support.

Hi everybody my name is lip and I got people messing with my phone Iā€™m just trying to figure it all out and if yā€™all can help me do that I would be much obliged appreciated and play it forwardā€¦ so to speakā€¦ the microphone is recording right now damnā€¦ thanks for taking time to read this

1 Like

Soy mautron y me presento aqui con el entusiasmo de aprender. Algo que para mi hace variĆ³ aƱos era como un mito, con el tiempo me di cuenta que no era mas que tenĆ©r esos momentos bien dedicados a lo que es. Y no perder ese tiempo en algo innecesario.si uno quisiera que el dia fuera de 36hr para alcanzar a terminar lo planeado.

My name is Jezra and I live in an area of incredibly poor signal reception. The only way to improve reception in my area is to install a signal booster with an directional antenna, and that requires knowing where to point the antenna. :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,

Iā€™m a commercial investigator from Australia and Iā€™m hoping to access a copy of the Australian data for the period including 31 May - 1 June 2019. If anyone is able to point me in the right direction, or if you are able to share I will be grateful.

Many thanks.

Dan.

Beachtime in Albuquerque. I find that there are too many coincidences as far as what goes on in this town, Coincidences are for Dickens novels. I know APD has use of Stingray tech, Curious about how much is used.

1 Like

Hi there!
Iā€™m a IT engineer in Italy! Iā€™m working on a project for tracking coordinates of router devices with mobile modules.
First of all, thank you very much for this wonderful service!
Iā€™m trying out the API to acquire the location given the cells ID. I have noticed that sometimes, some information are missing for some cells. For example, the city field is missing or the postal code is wrong. Is there a way to correct this information so that I could also contribute to improve the details of the information related to specific cells stored in your databases ?
Once again, thank you!

Hello,

Iā€™m design Engineer for IoT devices and think passive sniffing is the future of low power devices. Sharing an open database of public available information must be the reference and I congratulate the originators and contributors of this achievement. I would be glade to support and contribute extenting the database.

Iā€™m working on low power sensor and like to add geolocation capability on request for lost device function using Cell and/or WiFi). Designing an ultra low cost WiFi mapping device with ESP32 is on my pending list and your advice and suggestions are welcome for this 2nd project.

Thank you,

BPa

I m a vietnamese, 40 age, worrk in the company at the representative commercial. I have divorce d since 3 month and now i live with my son at home together. My sonis16, and he is the reason to take me to learn about all of location info.

Aloha. Iā€™m Breck. Found this via (https://alpercinar.com/open-cell-id/). I love big open datasets and this is amazing. No idea what I will do with this but Iā€™m excited to explore. Thanks!

I came on this community site when I was checking 5G installments in central Amsterdam. Itā€™s a great initiative. I found so many more mobile phone base stations than officially listed. Even a 2G GSM communication intercepting device in my block. (My communication on the 3G was hacked, so I switched to 2G-only. Then they installed this 2G intercepting base station in my block - what a wonderful world this is)
I hope the 5G base stations will be exposed here too

Pol

I just love to learn the most I can about all this it intrigues me

Hi im machinef happy to be here but I have no tech experience at all I just find this technology very useful and would like to learn to navigate this app and Aloha from hawaii

Hi im machinef glad to be here

Wow ,you hear rumors about that stuff but again wow

1 Like

Hi there Sagar.

Iā€™m working in my project for getting my bachelour degree in electronic engineering.

Iā€™m trying to create a device that uses cell towers for positioning. And investigating, I came with this database. Now, itā€™s time to learn how to use this database in my project.

Hi I am Shan and I am a 5G consultant. I am looking to model 5G availability in general. Hope this platform can provide me with relevant data to make my model.