Hey you! Your first time here? Introduce yourself :)

Hello,

My name is Kayode and I am a researcher looking at technology adoption in Africa. I was wondering if you had Cell tower data for previous years; specifically, would it be possible to download the Cell Tower Dataset from any month in 2011, 2014 and 2017.

Thank you for the great work.

Best wishes,

Kayode

1 Like

Hello!

We do not store historical data. Our datasets have parameters that report last updated/ last seen date.

Hello I am new to the community. I am trying to obtain the data set / format of data collected by towers in the UK. I am working with a non UK software developer who has a Call Data Records software tool that we are promoting in the UK and EU. The software is currently using a SQL data base and to ensure easy ingestion of the data we are trying to confirm the variation of data sets within the UK. Could OpenCellID assist me with this or can you or anyone point me in the right direction?

Hey Trevor,

Nice to hear from you! You can download the dataset via our ā€˜Downloads pageā€™ or via an API call.

For full UK data, the API call will look like this:

We allow only 2 downloads per account per day - so, make sure youā€™ve got a good browser/ download manager.

Hello Sagar,
Newbie here. RF guy, currently involved in Space, Cubesat ground stations. and many other aspects of RF propagation. As a hobby, my interests are in Moonbounce communications. Also studying how/why SPACE WEATHER affects telecommunications and how it can hurt telecom infrastructure. Much of my experience is hands on, being a ham radio operator since age 16, though college educated, BSci
Looking for ways to extend range of cellphone handsets to very long ranges, off the beaten path. Testing attachable external yagisā€¦ Have heard that good geo paths are not the only problems faced (that I can solve) but there are issues that exist with long ranges between the cell site and the handset involving the precision timing shared throughout the network.
Apparently, an geo-outlier handset at long range to a cell site, has a delay that troubles the software of the networkā€¦ I want to learn more about that. Love the site, and thanks for creating or supporting it.

Name here d3sturb3d, Iā€™m new and freaking lackng in super knowledegevmy son fucks with me through my phone ppl think Iā€™m loosing my mind tho I know betterā€¦
Itā€™s not the feds man itā€™s m freaking kid man

1 Like

Hello, I am a researcher at Addis Ababa University and I am glad to be part of this community. I am working on a research to predict mobile users movement using neural network in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. So, this research needs Call Detail Record (CDR) data of Ethio-telecom.

What do you suggest or recommend about this research?

Is it possible to apply OpenCellid data to this research?

Thank you so much for your help!

Selam

Hey Selam,

Nice to hear from you!

OpenCelliD does not have call records of any telecom firm/ subscribed users. We anonymously collect positions of cells from community contributions. Our datasets cannot determine info about a mobile user.

Halo nama saya heri yawan asal negara indonesia. Saya ingin mengetahui lokasi handphone dengan menggunakan imei hp yg saya dapat bagaimana caranya

Thank you for the useful data! We are looking for land owners who lease to cell towers in Indonesia. May I know if land owners are in your database too?

How would you recommend reaching the land owners who are currently leasing to talk to them? Thank you very much!

We do not have info on land owners/ leasing party.

Hi. My name is Hector. Im from Montana and im being watched by law enforcement. Lol. I do need help in using this app info. Thanks

Hi,

I am a here out of curiosity. With an ā€œoldā€ NOKIA 3310 (model of 2001) I activated the NetMonitor menu function (it is hidden in the firmware). It displays and refreshes data which also can be found in the opencellid database (CID LAC MNC NNC and suc)ā€¦this way I can confirm to be there where I pretend to be :wink: ā€¦

I found transmitters in the database of a range of more than 100kmsā€¦in an urban regionā€¦I am confusedā€¦ :slight_smile:

Cheers!
mcc

Hey, just joined and loving the OpenCellID database. Amazing work guys!

Hi Iā€™m Ronald Wessels from Cape Town South Africa. My phone is hacked still struggle to get into my accounts. I never knew of such a website until I watched a video on YouTube that really draw my attention
. At the time I felt discourage and hopeless die to the fact that Google couldnā€™t assist till now. At least after watching the videos through bright side I felt a bit more positive. The hacker controls my whole phone and accounts. For this reason Itrudt that you would help me in how totetrieve a location
What is to The device id the same like The IP address? I noticed a phone with a differentIP address access my Facebook account. Also connected with my device detected on an android app ā€œfind my phoneā€

HI i am jk from india. i want to track couple of phones, as the persons having these numbers are absconding and duped more than 400 people of more than indian rupees 5 crores

1 Like

We cannot locate phones with phone/ IMEI numbers.

Hi there,

My name is Daniel and I work for a company that is producing in-vehicle equipment for asset management and tracking on airfields. Weā€™re discovering that many airfields are under serviced, especially outside of the terminals. We have been doing cell signal mapping at many of our customer locations prior to rolling out our products, but are finding it difficult locating provider antennas. They really donā€™t like giving out that information.

Weā€™re using TELIT modems. I wanted to look up some cell tower locations near JFK Airport in New York, but the #MONI string we are using to obtain RSRP and dbm information provides cell tower IDā€™s that donā€™t appear to match anything.

For example:
#MONI: Verizon RSRP:-113 RSRQ:-20 TAC:5204 Id:141AA16 EARFCN:2050 PWR:-70dbm DRX:128

Iā€™ve tried looking up the ID of 141AA16 but there are no matches.

What part of the forum would be my best bet to post this question in?

EDIT: Looks like it might be in Hex format instead of decimal. Still canā€™t find anything under 21080598 though.

My name if I were born a boy wouldā€™ve been Jesse. The reason I gotta be stealthy is because I like chicks and some of the cops around here seem to think thatā€™s worse than being a criminal, I guess or maybe it comes across as revolting or challenging to their manhood. Idk. Just because I like women does not mean that I hate men but it certainly does not mean try harder guys ā€˜she just hasnā€™t had a real manā€™ and itā€™s not criminal so please stop tracking me.

Hey folks,

Iā€™m neither a developer nor a hacker, Iā€™m just a songwriter/composer, but I have an affinity for electronics, and enjoy rooting my mobile and modding the ROM. I also like using oddball apps, which is what led me to this site. Looks like an interesting group.

Best regards.

1 Like