You've got feedback? We're all ears!

Hello!

We know you love OpenCelliD.org and we know a lot has changed since April - some changes you liked, others you didn’t.

What do you like about OpenCelliD?
What are you having trouble with?
How can we improve our datasets?

We now have a dedicated tech team - and we have me :slight_smile: - to hear your thoughts and make sure your opinions make it to the roadmap.

Please share your thoughts below!

Hi all
My name is Kolin . I have had the cell ID app
provide locations on the street and at different house locations . Do that means there is a mobile unit or what? I use the Cid number for search location.

Hey Kolin,

Do you mean the ‘InViu OpenCelliD’ app? The app collects the GPS coordinates of GSM cell towers around you and sends it to OpenCelliD as a contribution. The process anonymously contributes data to the OpenCelliD community project.

If you’re trying to search for the location of a scanned cell tower, you can get it on your user dashboard. The input you require is ‘MCC-MNC-LAC-CID’ of the cell tower.

Hi Everyone,

I was going through the documentation (cell_towers.csv) and was confused about the lat/lon value provided. What does these value points to? Is it the individual devices (personal mobiles?) or the location of cell towers?
I am working in collaboration with my university with a company, and want to find out the gps location of towers/base stations in a particular area.

Thanks,
Nafi.

Hey Nafi,

The coordinates mentioned in the csv file (at www.opencellid.org/downloads) represents approximate location of the cell tower. :slight_smile: