How to obtain cell phone users location throughout the day

I would like to replicate this map with user location movements throughout the day, for a time period, say for example, one week.
Would greatly appreciate some advice on how to get to the data

1 Like

You would set up an SDR with an antenna and listen to the appropriate frequency. You would decode IMSI. You’d need to establish your receiver range given a known transmission power level of a typical cellphone. You would sample throughout the day. If you set ip multiple receivers you can do some triangulation. Take the results and export to csv and plot it with map overlay. It’s very highlevel but gets you a starting point to start you.

I have no idea how to do what a SDR is or how to set it up. Do you think someone is listening to me? I had a stalker in Indiana. That’s one of the reasons I moved, and changed my name. Need to know if he’s down here. For safety issues.

The information of the specific cell a person is connected to, live, is only available to the Telecommunications Carrier: it is needed to make the cell phone ring.

This information is absolutely private, known only by the Telecommunications carrier and kept secret.

Only police officers can ask a telecommunications carrier a trace of the PAST connections of an individual to track his PAST movements cell by cell, but it’s something that a judge has to authorize: a police officer cannot just talk to a carrier and get this kind of info.

The LIVE information of the cell where a person is, is even more private and requires higher levels of authorization.

The above means that the information you are looking for, @Roweena, is certainly NOT publicly available: 24/7, live surveillance of an individual is not something you publicly have access to, in a country where people live free.

You might ask an attorney, or a judge, if it is something that you have the right to know, but I don’t think it is the case: they would have told you, probably.

Opencellid is a database of mobile phone cells: it stores where the cells are, not where the persons are.