Database record is a summary of?

Hi,
Can someone please answer the following question about your data?

In querying your US data based on input parameters RADIO, MCC, NET, AREA and CELL
  1. Am I correct to assume that I will get no duplicates and that I will get at most a single match?

2. If you have n Number of samples to create this record, what data item did you sample on to create this single record?

3. I see that for US data, the AverageSignal is always zero
    Can I assume that you did no triangulation to arrive at the longitude and latitude
    and that Signal strength played no part in creating this record

4. Is it true that the only item that can be stated about the longitude and latitude is that the cell tower is located within RADIUS meters of the longitude and latitude and there is no way to further pinpoint the cell tower location?

Thanks
Gregory Moody
Systems Engineer
Carrier Corporation

Hi Greg,

Am I correct to assume that I will get no duplicates and that I will get at most a single match?

Yes, no duplicates. Each row contains a single unique cell identifier.

If you have n Number of samples to create this record, what data item did you sample on to create this single record?

We use contributions submitted by volunteers. These contributions are observations from a users device. A single observation includes timestamps, GPS coordinate of the device, observed cell identifier, radio type and signal strength.

I see that for US data, the AverageSignal is always zero
Can I assume that you did no triangulation to arrive at the longitude and latitude
and that Signal strength played no part in creating this record

If AverageSignal is zero, then signal strength was not used in determining approximate cell position. Data from multiple observation can be used to determine the position of cell even without signal strength.

Is it true that the only item that can be stated about the longitude and latitude is that the cell tower is located within RADIUS meters of the longitude and latitude and there is no way to further pinpoint the cell tower location?

Yes, that is correct. That being said, these are approximations based on observations from devices on the ground.