Documenting the Columns in the downloadable Cells database CSV

Hi Sagar,

I read this thread and I feel confused about the exact definition of the range. Here is my interpretation: it enables to define a circle area whose radius is expressed in meters by the ‘range’ property which possibly contains the cell tower.

Could you please confirm my assumption?

Thank you very much for your support.

Prudence

You are right, range is an approximation of where the cell might be.

We have a confidence benchmark of 98% - this means we 98% of times, the actual location of device will be within the circle. In a standard API response; there is a 98% chance that the device is at (x,y) or z meters sq around it.

• If we were to reduce our confidence benchmark to 50% - it would mean that 50% of the times, actual location of the device will be within a circle. Because my confidence benchmark is low, I can reduce the accuracy to…say 300 meters. So, there is a 50% chance that the device is at (x,y) or 300 meters sq around it.
  • If we were to reduce our confidence benchmark to 10% - it would mean that 10% of the times, actual location of the device will be within a circle. Because my confidence benchmark is low, I can reduce the accuracy to…say 50 meters. So, there is a 10% chance that the device is at (x,y) or 50 meters sq around it.

If we have a higher confidence benchmark, the radius (accuracy value) returned will be larger.

Thank you Sagar for your clear answer; no doubt any more.

Prudence